Highfield Level 3 Award in Food Safety in Manufacturing
PriceFrom: £300.00 + VAT
This qualification is to support a role in the workplace and give learners personal growth and engagement in learning. The qualification is designed for learners who are at, or wish to progress to, a higher or supervisory level within a food manufacturing business.
Topics include ensuring compliance with food safety legislation, the application and monitoring of good hygiene practice, how to implement food safety management procedures and the application and monitoring of good practice regarding contamination, microbiology and temperature control.
How long will it take me to achieve this qualification?
The total qualification time for this qualification is 25 hours, of this 20 hours are recommended as guided learning hours.
TQT is an estimate of the total number of hours it would take an average learner to achieve and demonstrate the necessary level of attainment to be awarded with a qualification, both under direct supervision (forming guided learning hours) and without supervision (all other time). TQT and GLH values are advisory and assigned to a qualification as guidance.
How is the qualification assessed?
This qualification is assessed by multiple-choice examination.
Individuals achieving this qualification can then progress onto any of the Highfield Level 4 Food Safety qualifications, which are ideal for those wishing to progress to management level within a food business.
- Which of the following is a control measure used to prevent the contamination of ready-to-eat food with pathogens?
- Minimising the time of food preparation at room temperature
- Cooling food rapidly
- Effective cleaning and disinfection
- Adding vinegar or salt to food during production
- How can you best ensure that effective cleaning has taken place?
- Put all staff on a food safety training course
- Send samples of the food to a laboratory for testing
- Strictly monitor the amount of detergent and disinfectant used
- Regularly observe areas that have been cleaned
- Which of the following is included in the 7 principles of HACCP?
- Establish critical limits
- Provide staff with suitable protective clothing
- Provide effective cleaning schedules
- Conduct bacteriological testing on all food produced