Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing
PriceFrom: £50.00 + VAT
This qualification is ideal for anyone working in the food manufacturing industry or those about to start work in the industry. Learners gaining this qualification will know that food safety is the responsibility of everyone involved in the storage, preparation, processing, packing and handling of food.
The Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing (RQF) is accredited and has been developed to protect customers, brand reputation and profits.
How long will it take me to achieve this qualification?
The total qualification time for this qualification is 7 hours, all of which are recommended as guided learning hours.
TQT is an estimate of the total number of hours it would take an average learner to achieve and demonstrate the necessary level of attainment to be awarded with a qualification, both under direct supervision (forming guided learning hours) and without supervision (all other time). TQT and GLH values are advisory and assigned to a qualification as guidance.
How is the qualification assessed?
This qualification is assessed by multiple-choice examination OR open response workbook.
Individuals achieving this qualification can then progress onto any of the Highfield Level 3 Food Safety qualifications, which are ideal for those wishing to progress to a higher or supervisory level within a food manufacturing business.
- Which of the following is the main reason that external waste bins should have lids?
- To shelter the contents from the sun and rain
- To reduce odours
- To help discourage theft from the bins
- To stop pests being attracted to the food business
- Serious contamination of cooked meat is most likely to occur if it is stored:
- Next to ready-to-eat food
- Next to raw meat
- In a freezer
- Next to open canned food
- To multiply, food poisoning bacteria need:
- Moisture, food, warmth and time
- Food, moisture, soil and warmth
- Food, darkness, moisture and time
- Warmth, time, soil and moisture